CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Freezing Death!!

So yesterday I was supposed to be alone for the night and I wasn't all for that. Zack was going to a bachelor party for one of the guys in our building so I decided to go up north and see my sisters. The day started out with great news, I had another job interview and now I have two jobs for the time being...we'll see how that works out. I then went and saw my parents and chatted for a bit. I then headed up Spanish Fork canyon. Unfortunately for me and about twenty other cars, nature decided to unleash on the whole canyon at that very moment. It was white out conditions and semi trucks were sliding off the road left and right. It took me 1 1/2 hours to make a 20 min trip going 10 miles and hour. I really thought I was going to die in my little car. It was the scariest and most difficult time of my life. No joke. I though at best I would be stuck in that canyon for hours!!!! Gratefully, I made it to Spanish Fork and the driving conditions and weather improved almost immediately.

Other than almost dying I had a great time with my sisters and my bro-in-law. We went to dinner at Red Robbin and then went and saw Pirate Radio, all of which was awesome but Pirate Radio was amazing! By far one of the funniest movies of my 21 year existence. I normally don't like movies like that but it was wonderful and I laughed my butt off!

Well I thought life was going alright until I hit Nephi on my way home. The freeway was clear and then I got off of the freeway...yeah, more snow and slick conditions. As for all previous experience with snowy roads I had normally been able to handle the challenge but thanks to my morning commute I was a leaning a little bit towards a nervous breakdown! Thankfully, there was this truck in front of me that seemed to be waiting for me. He would slow down if I got too far behind him and he must have been feeling a little behind schedule but in all reality if he was waiting for me or not, I was more than grateful for his kindness. I was still shook up when I finally reached home after two hours of driving (normally only a 75 min drive) all I wanted to do was hug my husband and tell him how much I loved him. Ahhh, I was thwarted in my plans due to the fact that my apartment looked as if it had been robbed and my husband was nowhere in sight. Yes, he was still partying away and had taken the tv for more Halo room. Needless to say I was a little sad and lonely and left all alone to deal with my rough day all by myself.

Sometimes I really hate video games.

0 comments:

Post a Comment