CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 11, 2013

Braxton Hicks is a stupid name! - Baby girl update 26 weeks!!!

How Far Along? - 26 weeks

Total Weight Gain? - 5.5 lbs but who's counting...(not me, it just makes me depressed.)

Stretch Marks? - I would like to find a part of my body that doesn't have them, no seriously they just pop up when ever they feel like it.

Sleep? - Yes and no. I can sleep on the couch like a champ but sleeping in bed (no matter how many pillows I have) is a different story. There really isn't a good position for me and I'm finding that rolling over takes way more energy than it should.

Best Moment This Week? - Seeing my little ones knee pop right out! She's really loving the frog style sleeping position but when she wakes up....those legs get to kicking right away.

Worst Moment This Week? - Last night I got to experience my first go around with Braxton Hicks contractions. Yay me... For those who don't know, Braxton Hicks contractions are the body's way of practicing for the big event to come. Most women have them all during pregnancy but don't feel them until later in the 2nd trimester as the uterus has more demanded of it. Mine started about 4 pm and didn't really stop until about 2 or 3 am this morning. Not to freak anyone out but, they really hurt. Today I feel like I did about a million sit ups....boy, do my abs hurt. Oh well, all in the name of getting her here, right? It was definitely an experience to never forget.

Miss Anything? - Laying on my stomach. I have only 3 months left and I can lay on it again!!!

Movement? - She likes to sleep in random patterns but when she's up, I know it. She's going to be a free-willed kind of lady. Oh Joy! She can kick my phone off of my belly and I love laying propped up so that I can watch her move. It is so weird! She gets a little hand shy when Zack tries to feel her but once she realizes that it's not just some sort of 'stranger danger' situation happening out here and it is her daddy, she'll give him a good kick.

Food Cravings? - Cinnamon rolls. Big, fluffy, warm ones. Code Red, I have a problem.

Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick? - Men's cologne. I am doing better with Mexican food but some of it still makes me queasy.

Gender: - GIRL!!!!!

Labor Signs? - No, just lovely Braxton Hicks contractions....how come they are named after a guy who never could feel them. I learned that he was the man who determined what they were and their purpose and he even told the medical community that they were, "a mildly uncomfortable way for the female body to prepare for labor.' I'll give him a mildly uncomfortable way to prepare for labor....a punch in the face. They are so much more than mildly uncomfortable if they are making it so I can't sleep. Yes, thank you Sir, you're a real professional. Let's leave the diagnosis of female problems to those who can/do experience the symptoms, mmmkay?

Belly Button in or out? - In

Wedding Ring, On or Off? - Wedding band still on but I've opted out of the engagement ring as it fits a little more snug and I refuse to ever have that thing cut off!

Happy or Moody most of the time? - I feel like I'm doing the best I can. I mean, I don't freak out on anyone or get really upset over things but I have my moments...which are often late at night when my mind plays 'Let's see what we can get her to freak out over this time' and I lay in bed picturing horrible scenarios from labor problems to Cali being born with all her teeth. Yeah, my imagination is wild!

Looking forward to: Having our own place soon. Hopefully really very soon! Something to do during the day, Zack not working nights anymore....it's a long list.

Baby is the size of a: Scallion



Baby's development this week: She is just a little over 1 2/3 lbs and 14 inches. She is practicing breathing in and out which will help her breath more easily when she gets here. Her sense of hearing is more keen and she can now hear it when Zack and I are talking, not just talking into the belly. Hopefully Zack with start talking in French soon so that Cali will be more apt to going with the flow when he starts it up at her birth. He says that it will be his way of bonding with her and that she WILL be bi-lingual. It's going to be an adventure!

0 comments:

Post a Comment